At the Virginia Center For Plastic Surgery, we do something very
unique for our patients. We offer pre-scheduled, FREE, 15-minute
phone consultations, with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon!
We understand that if you've been thinking about whether or not plastic surgery is
right for you, you no doubt have dozens of questions. Many offices want you to
come into their office for a ÏfreeÓ consultation. Often, you'll have to take time off of
work, fight traffic, park and sit in the waiting area. Chances are you're going to be
feeling a little uneasy and nervous about the whole process.
You may spend most of your time talking to a nurse or a patient coordinator. Then
the doctor will see you.
We believe that one of the major factors to achieve the results you're looking for is
that you feel good about the doctor doing the procedure. The best way to get to
know a doctor is to actually talk to the doctor BEFORE you take the time out of
your busy day to commit to an office consultation.
Then, and only then, should you take the next step and schedule an office
appointment, where the specifics of your procedure can be discussed.
Questions to ask your plastic surgeon:
1. When did the American Board of Plastic Surgery certify you? When are
you required to recertify? If you are not required to recertify, will you take
the recertification exam as soon as it is available any way?
2. Do you have hospital privileges to perform this surgery? If so, at which
3. How many procedures of this type have you performed?
4. Where and how will you perform my surgery?
5. Is the surgical facility accredited were in the process of being accredited by
a national or state-recognized accrediting organization?
6. What are the risks involved with my procedure?
7. How long of a recovery period can I expect, and what kind of help will I
need during my recovery?
8. Will I need to take time off of work? If so, how long?
9. How much will my procedure cost?
10. Are payment plans available?